Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ken Tanaka <Ke...@noaa.gov> on 2004/12/14 22:53:03 UTC

is basedir undocumented?

I'm new to maven and didn't find this in the archive, but it seems that
${basedir} is not documented. It seems to be set to the directory of the
project.xml file. Is this always the case? and are there
reasons/techniques to change basedir?

I eventually tried adding to project.xml:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>error</groupId>
      <artifactId>${basedir}</artifactId>
      <version>no.match</version>
      <type>jar</type>
      <url>http://www.maven.org/</url>
    </dependency>

I wanted to force a download error that would help me figure out what
${basedir} was. (Less output to wade through than the "-X" option to
maven.) Is there a better way to print out variables when running maven?

Thanks,
-Ken

Re: is basedir undocumented?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
it's easier to create a maven.xml file and echo it.

Yes, basedir is the directory that project.xml is in.