Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/07/22 14:32:19 UTC

Release roadmap

Hi all,

I'd like to propose a plan for Unomi releases.

I think we should release a 1.5.7 release soon as it fixes some important
issues and has a few PRs that were contributed recently.

I think the next version should be a 1.6.0. I have been working on a rule
engine optimization that gives an improvement between 25-200% depending on
the number of rules.

After that I think the focus should be on 2.0 since it contains important
changes and possibly include some more improvements on things like
multi-tenancy and other improvements that might require data model changes.

How does all of that sound ?

Regards,
  Serge...

Re: Release roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Serge,

It sounds good.

Regards
JB

Re: Release roadmap

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks Kevan for your proposal. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any
questions.

Regards,
  Serge...

Re: Release roadmap

Posted by Kevan Jahanshahi <jk...@apache.org>.

Re: Release roadmap

Posted by Kevan Jahanshahi <jk...@apache.org>.

Re: Release roadmap

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com.INVALID>.
Yes François that's a good idea I was thinking about that.

Regards,
  Serge...
Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder
T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
<https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained and
to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
Digital Transformation.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 9:18 AM <fp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> +1.
>
> May be we can add the roadmap on the website, may be it could be helpful
> for the users?
>
> It would be nice to show the big features of the next 2.0.0 release.
>
> regards,
>
> François
> fpapon@apache.org
>
> Le 22/07/2021 à 16:32, Serge Huber a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to propose a plan for Unomi releases.
> >
> > I think we should release a 1.5.7 release soon as it fixes some important
> > issues and has a few PRs that were contributed recently.
> >
> > I think the next version should be a 1.6.0. I have been working on a rule
> > engine optimization that gives an improvement between 25-200% depending
> on
> > the number of rules.
> >
> > After that I think the focus should be on 2.0 since it contains important
> > changes and possibly include some more improvements on things like
> > multi-tenancy and other improvements that might require data model
> changes.
> >
> > How does all of that sound ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Serge...