Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kev Jackson <ke...@it.fts-vn.com> on 2005/08/09 05:41:32 UTC

commons dev list CVS component

It looks like there's a possibility that a java based CVS component
could soon be in commons/incubator, having noticed comments in the CVS
task source about using a pure Java version (jCVS) and there being
problems with IP, I can only hope that this (potential) component would
solve that issue and allow us to remove the dependency in the current
code - do we also want to maintain CVS as part of Ant core?  I know it's
there for historical reasons, but with svn already being in antlibs,
would now (with this component) be an appropriate time to start moving
stuff (all SCM) that really isn't core into the antlibs?

Thoughts
Kev