Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by William Henry <wh...@redhat.com> on 2010/08/02 20:32:27 UTC

feeddemo - updated tradedemo

Hi,

I've updated the trade demo (tradedemo) example for the new addressing and renamed it feeddemo (as it is really about ticker and market data feeds and not trades).

I'd like to know if this sort of demo is still useful.  I think it is, but we also have the reservation system demo. What's nice about this example is that is used TTL and LVQ.

See the attached files. Note that the OptionParser.h/.cpp is the one already used in drain/spout etc. so it ought to be made common.

It can be tested tested by:

1. running setup_broker.sh which creates the exchanges.
2. Run a feed_listener (you can run it for ticker info or market data using -t or -m or with a custom exchange or all three:
a. ./feed_listener -t 1 -m 0  (actually default is this so you can just run ./feed_listener)
b. ./feed_listener -t 0 -m 1
c. ./feed_listener -t 0 -m 0 TICKER/NYSE.RHT
d. ./feed_listener -m 1 TICKER/NYSE.RHT        (TICKER/NYSE.RHT is just an example)
3. Run feed_publisher e.g.:   ./feed_publisher -c 1000

William