Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org> on 2002/04/24 14:42:20 UTC

[Announcement] XMLForm 0.81 available in Scratchpad

 +=============================================================+
[|]  Cocoon's new form handling solution just got more robust [|]
[|]  with the addition of two new tags - group and repeat.    [|]
 +=============================================================+

The syntax and semantics for these tags was borrowed from the XForms spec.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice9.html#ui-group
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice9.html#ui-repeat
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xforms-20020118/sliceE.html

I would like to note that <repeat/> is a very powerful iterating tag, since
it unrolls over a nodeset resulting from its xpath selector. Flat
collections is the simplest type of things it can iterate over.
See the XForms repeat tag documentation to learn what you can do with it and
remember that since the underlying Form model can be a DOM node as well as a
JavaBean or even both mixed together, the data structures which can be
addressed and enumerated can be quite unconventional.

The XMLForm demo in Cocoon Scratchpad was updated to show the use of group
and repeat.

When you build the latest cocoon snapshot with scratchpad,
point your browsers to

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/mount/xmlform/wizard.html

This addition mostly concludes my mission of implementing a server-side
XForms subset natively integrated in Cocoon.

>From here on, I will be looking for more feedback, suggestions for
improvement, performance enhancements, patches and very crital - user
documentation.
The code has relatively detailed javadoc, but any assistance with a HOWTO
document will be appreciated.

Hopefully XMLForm can make it in the Cocoon 2.1 core distro if it gathers
enough votes.

Best wishes to all,

Ivelin

Re: [Announcement] XMLForm 0.81 available in Scratchpad

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
> > [|]  Cocoon's new form handling solution just got more robust [|]
> >  +-------------------------------------------------------------+
> > [|]  with the addition of two new tags - group and repeat.    [|]
> >  +=============================================================+
>
> What tags else are supported?

form
output