Posted to user@struts.apache.org by SPietsch <SP...@gmx.net> on 2001/04/18 10:53:33 UTC

maxFileSize and file upload the second

Hi,

I found time to do a bit more testing on file upload.

with  version  1.0-b1  the  parameter  maxFileSize is recognised and a
exception  is.  With the nightly build from 2001-04-17 it doesn't work
any more. Obviously  something changed in the mean time.

Another  problem  is  that  that  with version 1.0-b1 a temporary file
remains in the tmp directory. Am I supposed to catch the exception and
to deleted the file manually?

In struts-upload example is a small bug in UploadAction. The input stream 'stream' is
never  closed  explicitly.  So  the  temporary file remains in the tmp
directory  after  upload.  It's  easy to fix by just calling the close
method to every stream used after we are finished with it.

Hope that helps to get it a bit cleaned up.

Soeren

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as
they go flying by.