Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM> on 2005/09/01 15:40:34 UTC

what exactly does SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE?

Hi,

I am trying to create an agent that will check that a database is
working correctly.
In this context what operation is performed by SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE?

thanks

--
Xavier VIGOUROUX - sun microsystems

Re: what exactly does SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE?

Posted by Xavier Vigouroux <Xa...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks for these answers.

Posted by Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
check table checks that every row in a table can be retrieved
from a table and that all of the rows in it's associated indexes
are consistent.  It is a very heavy weight, cpu/io intensive
operation.