Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Spaeth <Jo...@networktelephone.net> on 2003/04/03 04:06:19 UTC

RE: AbstractMethodError: org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/Abstract Queue.enqueue

Did anybody ever figure out this problem?  I seem to be experiencing it as
well.

I am running a tomcat application server version 4.1.24 on a freebsd server.
I just compiled a fresh snapshot of the cvs repository and have received
this error exploding through my logs.

What I mean by "exploding through my logs" is that the first time the cocoon
webapp is initialized, the exceptions start flowing and they do not stop.
They are stored in the log files and the log files just keep growing because
the exceptions are being constantly thrown.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks,
Jon

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Spaeth wrote:
>>
>>> Did anybody ever figure out this problem?  I seem to be experiencing
>>> it as well.
>>>
>>> I am running a tomcat application server version 4.1.24 on a freebsd
>>> server.
>>> I just compiled a fresh snapshot of the cvs repository and have
>>> received this error exploding through my logs.
>>>
>>> What I mean by "exploding through my logs" is that the first time the
>>> cocoon webapp is initialized, the exceptions start flowing and they
>>> do not stop.  They are stored in the log files and the log files just
>>> keep growing because the exceptions are being constantly thrown.
>>>
>>> Has anybody else experienced this?
>>

> I applied the current prerelease JAR (which is what Event-1.0.2 was)
> to CVS.  I ran the tests and have not received any abstract queue
> errors.  I am running docs now, and will examine the logs.
>
> There *shouldn't* be any problems.  I will report back when the
> docs are built.

All is well.  Please get a fresh checkout from CVS and retry.

One major thing to watch out for:

make sure you do not have conflicing JARs in your classpath.

If you have an old version of Event in your WEB-INF/lib directory
along with the new one, there is a good chance you are not seeing
a new abstract method because the old class is being loaded.

Please double-check your JARs

Re: AbstractMethodError: org/apache/excalibur/event/impl/Abstract Queue.enqueue

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jonathan Spaeth wrote:
> Did anybody ever figure out this problem?  I seem to be experiencing it
> as well.
>
> I am running a tomcat application server version 4.1.24 on a freebsd
> server.
> I just compiled a fresh snapshot of the cvs repository and have received
> this error exploding through my logs.
>
> What I mean by "exploding through my logs" is that the first time the
> cocoon webapp is initialized, the exceptions start flowing and they do
> not stop.  They are stored in the log files and the log files just keep
> growing because the exceptions are being constantly thrown.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this?

Let me look at it.