Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/03 01:51:46 UTC

Permissions for deployed SARs.

I'm trying to upgrade the phoenix in use by EOB to latest.

The problem I'm getting is..

(java.io.FilePermission
C:\OtherCVS\eob\phoenix-bin\apps\eob-jo-hsql\etc\server.properties read)).

.. probably because Jo accesses properties files in the unzipped sar file.

How do I configure phoenix to allow this rather than barf?  I had though
it was in environment.xml, and that...

      <grant code-base="file:*">
        <permission class="java.security.AllPermission" />
      </grant>

.. was the snippet needed, but am wrong.  Advice?

- paul

Re: Permissions for deployed SARs.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:51, Paul Hammant wrote:
> How do I configure phoenix to allow this rather than barf?  I had though
> it was in environment.xml, and that...
>
>       <grant code-base="file:*">
>         <permission class="java.security.AllPermission" />
>       </grant>
>
> .. was the snippet needed, but am wrong.  Advice?

Your code base would have only picked up jars in the current directory. You
want to end it with "/-" instead.

<grant code-base="file:/-">
  <permission class="java.security.AllPermission" />
</grant>

However another option would be

<grant>
  <permission class="java.security.AllPermission" />
</grant>

that grants permission on all the classes loaded from .sar file. However you
could just remove the policy element altogether and all the code will be
given the all permission.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
 Mark Twain: "In the real world, the right thing never
happens in the right place at the right time. It is
the task of journalists and historians to rectify
this error."