Posted to user@ant.apache.org by James Bullington <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/03 19:19:24 UTC

Re: [OT] New Java User Group in Minnesota

David,

I am possibly interested, depending on the location, etc.
I am located in the Western/South Metro area of the Twin Cities.
(Excelsior/Chanhassen etc.)
Where/When is your meeting going to be held?
What type of equipment do you have to show slides?
What is the level of expertise in your group?  i.e. home use,
deployments on multiple servers etc.

I am an Architect for Renaissance Worldwide.  I develop sites with
multiple machines using J2EE Session Beans, Entity Beans, Message
Beans, etc.  I use Ant to do both builds and deployments of web sites,
both to a local machine, and to remote machines automatically.  Within
the last week I have been called to transfer my knowledge of ant, as
well as J2EE to employees at my client site.  It is possible for me to
come up with a presentation based on some of what I have taught to my
clients.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
James Bullington

--- David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There is a new Java user group in Minnesota.
>
> This new user group is non-commercially driven and has a friendly
> atmosphere.  The focus is on learning something and not selling
> something,
> getting to know other developers in the same community.  The meetings
> are
> very Open Source aware and cover standard Java technologies in
> addition to
> the many great Java technologies developed outside of Sun.
>
> The group is very social and interactive, meetings involve a lot of
> discussion and sharing of ideas and experiences.
>
> It would be really great if someone from the this list could do a
> presentation on Ant at our first meeting.  Anyone interested and
> living
> Minnesota should let me know.
>
> To subscribe to the mailing list send an email to
> tcjug-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or go to

> David Blevins
> ---
> OpenEJB - EJB Container System
> www.openejb.org

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him�"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)