Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Varghese, Sony" <so...@digital.com> on 2002/12/06 09:37:09 UTC

JSP compile Error. Tomcat 4.0.4

Hi,

My web application works with Tomcat3.3 but not with 4.0.2. I have jdkv1.2.2
installed.
Please could you tell me how to resolve this problem?? The error is as shown
below.

Do reply.

Thanks
Sony .

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4-b2 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report
message Internal Server Error
description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
/usr/internet/httpd/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/cockpit/main_0005fmenu$
jsp.java:6: Class or interface declaration expected.
import javax.servlet.*;
^

/usr/internet/httpd/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/cockpit/main_0005fmenu$
jsp.java:12: Superclass org.apache.jsp.HttpJspBase of class
org.apache.jsp.main_0005fmenu$jsp not found.
public class main_0005fmenu$jsp extends HttpJspBase {
                                        ^
2 errors

	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
FilterChain.java, Compiled Code)
	at