Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/02 15:25:40 UTC

Re: Including a test fragment that uses a module controller

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Nicola Ambrosetti Brolin <
ambrosetti.nicola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In our effort to modularize Jmeter tests we rely heavily on test fragments,
> include controllers and module controllers.
>
> However I've stumbled on the following problem and wonder if it should
> count as a bug.
>
> I have two test plans: the irest including the second with an include
> controller:
>
> Test Plan 1
> + Thread Group
> ++ Module Controller -> Test Fragment / Include Controller
> + Test Fragment
> ++ Include Controller -> Test Plan 2
>
> Test Plan 2
> + Test Fragment 1
> ++ Sampler 1
> ++ Module Controller -> Test Fragments 2 / Sampler 2
> + Test Fragment 2
> ++ Sampler 2
>
> You might question why I use a module controller at all, but the idea is
> that in a real test plan we reuse the same test fragment called by the
> module controller in several places.
>
> When I run test plan 1 I would expect that it would run:
> Sampler 1
> Module Controller -> Sampler 2
>
> So that both samplers are run.
>
> Instead only Sampler 1 runs. The reason is probably that when including
> only the first Test Fragment found is actually included and the rest is
> completely discarded. So when it's the turn of the module controller it
> simply doesn't find Test fragment 2 and sampler 2.
>
> What do you think about this?

Your explanation is the right one.
It is not a bug in my opinion.
If it didn't work that way, how would we guess where to insert Sampler 2 ?

If you have an idea to change this , create an Enhancement Bugzilla .

For your need you could rework Test Plan 2:
Test Plan 2
+ Test Fragment 1
++ Sampler 1
++ Module Controller -> SimpleController / Sampler 2
++ SimpleController(disabled)
+++ Sampler 2

--
Cordialement.