Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Christoffer Pedersen <vr...@vrod.dk> on 2018/06/08 11:10:14 UTC

Fresh install on Ubuntu 16.04 and CentOS 7 - UI Breaks after reboot

Hi all,

I am trying to test out the Cloudstack 4.11 solution in my lab. I am
currently at the management server stage, following this guide:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.11/management-server/

Now, the installation and such goes without a hitch: I add the reps,
install the packages, sets up the DB and system VMs and the UI then work on
the IP:8080/client.

The issue I am facing however is that no matter what, the UI never comes
back after a reboot. Using netstat -ln, I see that the box isn't listening
on port 8080. I have tried to set the bind.address to 0.0.0.0 or just
completely uncomment it to no avail.

This happens on both Ubuntu 16.04 and CentOS 7 and there are no errors in
the management-server.log or cloudstack-management.err log. I have not gone
through the first-time setup on the web UI yet, this is completely FRESH
out of the box. Has anyone encountered this? It would be awesome if someone
could provide information.

Thank you all!
Chris

Chris pedersen

Re: Fresh install on Ubuntu 16.04 and CentOS 7 - UI Breaks after reboot

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Christoffer,

Yes it does take a few minutes – obviously depends on how much CPU/RAM you assign to the server etc. Glad you got it sorted.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 08/06/2018, 15:02, "Christoffer Pedersen" <vr...@vrod.dk> wrote:

    Hi again Dag,

    Might have been a little too quick. It seems like every other service than
    the Tomcat service starts right away at boot. However, the Tomcat service
    needs about 5-10 minutes before it starts listening on port 8080. Looks
    like im grand. Thank you anyway!

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Christoffer,

You can tail the logs the logs to see if the server is UP yet:

tail -f /var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

Posted by Christoffer Pedersen <vr...@vrod.dk>.