Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net> on 2015/06/04 13:51:16 UTC

Launching Kerberized cluster via Blueprint

Hi all,

As I was trying to deploy a fully secured cluster with Knox, Ranger and Ke
beros, I had the feeling that it is not possible to instantiate a cluster
asking it to generate the principal and keytabs linked to each of its
services.

Is there a way to deploy both of the cluster services and the
corresponding principals
and keytabs via blueprint, just like if I deployed my cluster and I was
asking Ambari to enable Kerberos with MIT KDC ?

Thanks,

Loïc
Loïc CHANEL
Engineering student at TELECOM Nancy
Trainee at Worldline - Villeurbanne (France - 69)

Re: Launching Kerberized cluster via Blueprint

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
Thanks to both of you for the confirmation of the fact that it cannot be
done at the same time.

The Ambari REST API sounds very complicated for what I want to do, so I
will simply use the UI to Kerberize my cluster.
Thanks for your quick responses and your information,

Posted by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Loïc,