Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paulo Cesar Reis <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/13 15:46:20 UTC

JavaEE 6 dependencies

Hi all,

I¹m trying to create a maven2 project to try the new features present on
javaEE 6. My project already has the follow dependencies:

        <!--  BEGIN :: JAVAEE6 SNAPSHOT API -->        <dependency>
<groupId>javax.javaee</groupId>            <artifactId>javaee</artifactId>
</dependency>        <!-- END :: JAVAEE6 SNAPSHOT API -->

        <!-- BEGIN :: JSF-RI Dependencies, beta 2.0 -->        <dependency>
<groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>            <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
</dependency>        <dependency>
<groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>
<artifactId>jsf-impl</artifactId>            <version>2.0.0-b09</version>
Dependencies, beta 2.0 -->

        <!--            BEGIN :: EJB API Dependency, 10.0 SNAPSHOT -->
<dependency>            <groupId>javax.ejb</groupId>
<artifactId>ejb-api-3.1-alpha</artifactId>
</dependency>        <!-- END :: EJB API Dependency, 10.0 SNAPSHOT -->

Still I am unable to use the annotation @WebServlet, so what is missing?

Thanks.

Re: JavaEE 6 dependencies

Posted by Gabriel David Guerrero Issa <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paulo,
I think what you need is something like this , I use the Jee5
webservice annotations ,  I use jboss you need to replace that part
for the libs of your server, the websersive annotation comes from
jsr181-api , I guess for jee6 you need the latest version of that and
the rest of the libs

<!--  JAX-WS API -->
         <dependency>
             <groupId>javax.xml.ws</groupId>
             <artifactId>jaxws-api</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

		<!-- WebService JAX-WS -->
         <dependency>
             <groupId>javax.jws</groupId>
             <artifactId>jsr181-api</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>jboss.jbossws-spi</groupId>
             <artifactId>jbossws-spi</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

		<!--  JAX-B for XML Binding -->
         <dependency>
             <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
             <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>javax.xml.soap</groupId>
             <artifactId>saaj-api</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

	<!--  JBoss-WS -->
         <dependency>
             <groupId>jboss.jbossws</groupId>
             <artifactId>jbossws-core</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>jboss.jbossws</groupId>
             <artifactId>jboss-jaxrpc</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>jboss.jbossws</groupId>
             <artifactId>jboss-jaxws-ext</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

Hope it helps
Gabriel

Re: JavaEE 6 dependencies

Posted by Paulo Cesar Reis <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karlz,

Re: JavaEE 6 dependencies

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Paulo,

> No, I didn't do that. Why do I need axis2? I thought this feature was
> implemented directly in JAVA EE 6 without any 3rd party libraries for that.
The interface ((Java API for XML-Based Web Services 2.0) is part of the
API of Sun but not the implementation which is needed to use it in real
world....e.g. Axis2 or CXF ....as implementation...

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jax_ws_2/

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: JavaEE 6 dependencies

Posted by Paulo Cesar Reis <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,