Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Guy Pardon <gu...@atomikos.com> on 2005/08/03 13:34:44 UTC

Handlers and threads

Hi,

We want to extract a transaction context header from an incoming SOAP
request (via a Handler in JAX-RPC) and associate the service thread
with the incoming transaction.
According to the JAX-RPC spec, there is no guarantee that handlers are
in the same thread as the service itself (which complicates this
scheme).

Hence my question: are handlers called in the _same_ thread as the
service?
If not, are there any better ways of doing this?

Many thanks,
Guy

Dr. Guy Pardon ( guy@atomikos.com )
Atomikos: The Transaction Processing Company
http://www.atomikos.com/

The information in this email is confidential and only meant for the
addressee(s). The content of this email is informal and will not be
legally binding for Atomikos.