Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2002/06/28 15:30:33 UTC

Using commons in avalon ?

Hi Guys,

	Hope all is well.

	Just wanted to ask if its ok to reference commons code from within
	Avalon ?

	I've found another threading bug in the Fortress code and to fix
	it I'd like to use the DefaultMapBag class from
	org.apache.commons.collections.

	Are there any issues there ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Using commons in avalon ?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:42:48AM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Seeing as how we are sending all our low level APIs (Avalon
> Collections, etc.)  I don't see the problem.

	Great.

> I would like to avoid having two different collections packages
> used for Fortress, so if you make the switch, make the switch.
>
> The Commons folks have made some enhancements to the Buffer interface
> (it is now an official Collection), and the BucketMap is being improved
> as well.
>
> Both of which are used.  Could you help with that migration?

	Sure, I'll tee up with Nicola Ken as IIRC he was leading the
	migration.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

RE: Using commons in avalon ?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
> From: Marcus Crafter [mailto:crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net]
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> 	Hope all is well.
>
> 	Just wanted to ask if its ok to reference commons code
> from within
> 	Avalon ?

Seeing as how we are sending all our low level APIs (Avalon
Collections, etc.)  I don't see the problem.

I would like to avoid having two different collections packages
used for Fortress, so if you make the switch, make the switch.

The Commons folks have made some enhancements to the Buffer interface
(it is now an official Collection), and the BucketMap is being improved
as well.

Both of which are used.  Could you help with that migration?

> 	I've found another threading bug in the Fortress code and to fix
> 	it I'd like to use the DefaultMapBag class from
> 	org.apache.commons.collections.
>
> 	Are there any issues there ?

Only what I meantioned above.  It's one thing to have Java Collections
and Commons Collections.  Its another thing to have that and Excalibur
Collections.