Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2006/12/18 19:40:03 UTC

Maven 2 and JDK 6

I tried running Maven 2 with JDK 6 and I get the following error.  Is this a
Maven issue or do I have to do something to get my pom.xml to work with JDK
6.

[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
AFAIK, there hasn't been a final posted for Java 6 on the Mac.  Looks like
I'm using b85.

java version "1.6.0-dp"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-dp-b85-18)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b85-9-release, mixed mode, sharing)

I was able to reproduce this issue on Windows XP as well, using the released
1.6.0.

java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

Matt

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6

Posted by Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin <do...@gmail.com>.
On 12/18/06, mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> It figures, now the project with no tests works fine and the one *with* tests
> isn't working.  It seems like using JDK 6 prevents Maven from resolving
> dependencies from a parent pom.xml.

Just tried it and same thing happening here with jdk 1.6.0 FCS on Linux.

  Donnchadh

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Re: Maven 2 and JDK 6