Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Johnny Jones <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/18 01:14:53 UTC

metadata in meta tags keyword and description

Hi Users,

I am using the wyona.org unitemplate publication.  When I create a new
document, the meta fields include:
Document Title*:
Subject (Keywords):

When you create a page with data in these meta fields, the xml includes:
  <lenya:meta>
    <dc:title>test-document-title</dc:title>
    <dc:description>test description for this page</dc:description>
    <dc:subject>testkeyword1 testkeyword2 testkeyword3</dc:subject>
  </lenya:meta>

However, when this page is made live, the description and keyword meta info
is not included.  For example, the live page html might have:
<title>test-document-title</title>

But it does not have:

What do I have to change to get these pieces of meta info to be included in
the html head?

By the way, which lenya version is best suited for this wyona.org
unitemplate pub?

Also, in both Firefox and IE, when I try to edit a unitemplate page with
BXE, I get the following error:
Type 'html-iso-8859-1' is not defined for 'serialize' at
file:/home/prog/tomcat5/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unitemplate/usecase-bxeng.xmap:41:60

However, the default pub works fine in BXE.  Any tips on how to get BXE to
work with this unitemplate pub?

Thanks in advance!

Re: different file type extension on one page from the other pages

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Johnny Jones wrote:

> Is there a way to make one lenya page in a publication have a different
> extension such as .jsp rather than .html?

i think what you are really asking is how to output jsp from lenya,
right? to do that, you'd have to have a stylesheet that takes your
documents and converts them to jsp as the last step instead of html (and
use the text serializer instead of the html one).

presumably, you'd then deliver those jsp pages unto a deployment system
that could then make use of the information in the jsp to serve out the
request (and do custom includes or whatnot)

different file type extension on one page from the other pages

Posted by Johnny Jones <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

We are integrating a lot of html pages from lenya with some jsp pages for
lucene, etc.

Is there a way to make one lenya page in a publication have a different
extension such as .jsp rather than .html?

Thanks!

different file type extension on one page from the other pages

Re: metadata in meta tags keyword and description

Posted by Lee Carroll <le...@aol.com>.
> However, when this page is made live, the description and keyword meta
> info is not included.  For example, the live page html might have:
> <title>test-document-title</title>
>
> But it does not have:

This magic happens in page2xhtml where lenya writes the head tags

try something like

<head>
<title><xsl:value-of select="//lenya:meta/dc:title"/></title>

or /and output rdf (you will need to change strip namespaces to get browsers
not to panic about the rdf markup

<!-- output metadata as rdf xml data island -->

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://your-server/{$url}">
<dc:language><xsl:value-of select="//lenya:meta/dc:language"/></dc:language>
</rdf:Description>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://your-server/{$url}">
<dc:subject><xsl:value-of select="//lenya:meta/dc:subject"/></dc:subject>
</rdf:Description>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://your-server/{$url}">
<dc:title><xsl:value-of select="//lenya:meta/dc:title"/></dc:title>
</rdf:Description>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://your-server/{$url}">
<dc:description><xsl:value-of
select="//lenya:meta/dc:description"/></dc:description>
</rdf:Description>
<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://your-server/{$url}">
<dc:date><xsl:value-of select="//lenya:meta/dc:date"/></dc:date>
</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

</head>

lee c

Re: metadata in meta tags keyword and description

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Johnny Jones wrote:

> But it does not have:
>
> What do I have to change to get these pieces of meta info to be included
> in the html head?

page2xhtml.xsl (these lines probably should be in the default template)

> By the way, which lenya version is best suited for this wyona.org
> unitemplate pub?

it usually tracks the most recent release.

> Also, in both Firefox and IE, when I try to edit a unitemplate page with
> BXE, I get the following error:
> Type 'html-iso-8859-1' is not defined for 'serialize' at
> file:/home/prog/tomcat5/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unitemplate/usecase-bxeng.xmap:41:60
>
> However, the default pub works fine in BXE.  Any tips on how to get BXE
> to work with this unitemplate pub?

change occurences of html-iso-8859-1 to html