Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org> on 2017/09/29 22:15:07 UTC

2.9.0 Status Update [09/2017]

Folks,

Quick update on 2.9.0 release. Looks like we are looking at around a week
of delay in the feature freeze:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Roadmap

For feature owners, where the status is:

   1. Green - no action required at this point.
   2. Orange - revert with confirmation on whether backporting from trunk
   to branch-2 is on track
   3. Red - can we get this in by week of Oct 9th?

There are about 20 blocker/critical issues open:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.9+Release

We have moved out all non-(blocker/critical) inactive (open) issues to the
next major release. Reach out to us if you feel any of those must be in
2.9.0.

For non-(blocker/critical) active (patch available) issues, can you update
the status. Consider moving out to next release if you anticipate delays.

Thanks,
Subru/Arun