Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vladimir Simjanoski <vl...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/09 21:15:47 UTC

Unregistered portlets

Hi,

I have successfully created and installed custom portal application using
jetspeed2 plugin (j2-M4).
But when I started Tomcat, and checked out the portlets, I got

"Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for pam::
PortletApplicationBrowserjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass a
null PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity..."

for some of them (the excerpt is taken from pam portlet)

It seems some of the portlets aren't registered in the db (not present in
PORTLET_DEFINITION table).
When should the corresponding records for these portlets be stored in the db
(pam, Portal Site Manager...)?
Are the insert statements defined somewhere and part of some maven db
management goal?
Any hint is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Vladimir

Re: Unregistered portlets

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Aaron Evans wrote:
> Vladimir Simjanoski <vladimir.simjanoski <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>>Thanx for the response.
>>Unfortunately, that was not the case. I have tried it, but the results are
>>the same.
>>When should these records (definitions for pam portlet, test suite
>>portlets...) be inserted? I haven't spend much time investigating, but I
>>haven't seen the insert stmts in any sql file.
>>I guess they're coming from a different source.

The portlets are registered in the database during servlet init
programmatically. See the init() method of the JetspeedContainerServlet.

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-commons/xref/org/apache/jetspeed/container/JetspeedContainerServlet.html

Re: Unregistered portlets

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
Vladimir Simjanoski <vladimir.simjanoski <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanx for the response.
> Unfortunately, that was not the case. I have tried it, but the results are
> the same.
> When should these records (definitions for pam portlet, test suite
> portlets...) be inserted? I haven't spend much time investigating, but I
> haven't seen the insert stmts in any sql file.
> I guess they're coming from a different source.
>
> Any hint?

I believe that the SQL is created and run by the maven j2:quickStart step.  It
should take care of all of that for you.

Re: Unregistered portlets

Posted by Vladimir Simjanoski <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron!

Re: Unregistered portlets