Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Patrick <pd...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/19 12:17:52 UTC

RTF

Hello,

I've received this .rtf file (attachment) with a little
picture on the left side that i can't see with Open Office. I'm using
Ubuntu because I hate Microsoft and all their products :) ... So, in
conclusion, my friend (on Microsoft Office Word) opened this file and
the picture was here. I'm asking now, could this problem be resolved in
the future Open Office release?

Best regads,

Patrick Demarki dipl.ing.

Re: RTF

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Patrick,

Am 19.10.2013 12:17, schrieb Patrick:
> Hello,
>

> I've received this .rtf file (attachment) with a little
> picture on the left side that i can't see with Open Office. I'm using
> Ubuntu because I hate Microsoft and all their products :) ... So, in
> conclusion, my friend (on Microsoft Office Word) opened this file and
> the picture was here. I'm asking now, could this problem be resolved in
> the future Open Office release?

Can your friend send it as a *.doc or if (s)he use MS-Office 2010/2013
as an *.odt?

> Best regads,
>
> Patrick Demarki dipl.ing.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Re: RTF

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 October 2013 11:17, Patrick <pd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've received this .rtf file (attachment) with a little picture on the left
> side that i can't see with Open Office. I'm using Ubuntu because I hate
> Microsoft and all their products :) ... So, in conclusion, my friend (on
> Microsoft Office Word) opened this file and the picture was here. I'm asking
> now, could this problem be resolved in the future Open Office release?

Attachments are stripped from this mailing list.

I suggest you create a Bugzilla issue [1] where you can describe the
problem (please include details of the version you are using), and
then attach the RTF file that exhibits the problem. Note that Bugzilla
issues are public (as is this mailing list), so please ensure that the
RTF file does not contain any private/sensitive material before
attaching it.

Thanks!

[1] http://openoffice.apache.org/bug-tracking.html