Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jerry Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org> on 2019/02/14 14:28:01 UTC

[VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC2

Hi,

the UIMA-DUCC v.3.0.0 release candidate 2 is ready for voting.

This version contains 1 fix since RC1:
- Fixed missing JIRA report

For the complete list of issues fixed in this release please visit:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%223.0.0-Ducc%22%20

The source and binary zip/tars are staged to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/3.0.0/RC2
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/3.0.0/RC2>

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1218

The SVN tag is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-ducc/tags/uima-ducc-3.0.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to
test release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

--
Jerry Cwiklik
Apache UIMA

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Cancelling RC2 due to runtime issues found on the JD when running a job
(1.job) from ducc examples.

Issue#1
===========
JD throws an exception:
Feb 14, 2019 9:50:40 AM org.apache.uima.ducc.test.randomsleep.FixedSleepCR
getNext(328)
INFO: getNext
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException: Annotator
class org.apache.uima.ducc.CasHelper requires Type
org.apache.uima.ducc.Workitem, which was not found in the CAS.
at org.apache.uima.ducc.CasHelper.getId(CasHelper.java:47)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.user.jd.JdUserCollectionReader._getJdUserMetaCas(JdUserCollectionReader.java:169)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.user.jd.JdUserCollectionReader.getJdUserMetaCas(JdUserCollectionReader.java:147)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:90)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.container.common.classloader.ContextSwitch.call(ContextSwitch.java:42)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.container.jd.classload.ProxyJobDriverCollectionReader.getMetaCas(ProxyJobDriverCollectionReader.java:171)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.container.jd.cas.CasManager.getMetaCas(CasManager.java:74)

Issue#2
=========
Despite above exceptions, the JD continues to serve JP work and duccmon
shows all work as completed (15 WIs). The job shows no errors.

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC2

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC2