Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Victor Engmark <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/21 09:47:13 UTC

Cannot connect to SVN+Apache server except from localhost

Hello,

I've tried to setup a Subversion + Apache 2.2 server. The following query
works:
svn list https://localhost/repository-name

When I try the corresponding query - - from a different host, the connection
just hangs (no question of user name/password, even). What follows is what
I've found out about the situation so far.

# netstat -an | egrep "80|443"
tcp        0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN
tcp        0      0 :::443                  :::*                    LISTEN

# tcpdump port 443
09:16:07.231009 IP removed.41096 > removed.https: S 1642178740:1642178740(0)
win 65535 <mss 1412,nop,wscale 0,nop,nop,timestamp 2415058 0>

Looking through the Apache settings, I can't find that localhost is singled
out in any way.

httpd.conf:
<Directory />
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

vhost-ssl.conf:
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
        DocumentRoot "/srv/svn"
        ServerName removed (ip address)
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error_log
        TransferLog /var/log/apache2/access_log
        <Location />
         DAV svn
         SVNParentPath /srv/svn/repos
         Options FollowSymLinks
         order allow,deny
         allow from all
         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "Subversion Repository"
         Require valid-user
         AuthUserFile /srv/svn/user_access/repository_passwdfile
        </Location>

openssl s_client -connect localhost:443 -state -debug:
depth=0 /C=removed/CN=removed
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
verify return:1
depth=0 /C= removed/CN=removed
verify return:1
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A
No client certificate CA names sent
SSL-Session:
    Verify return code: 18 (self signed certificate)

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Victor Engmark
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditar - What is said in Latin, sounds