Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 05:18:14 UTC

Amazon EC2 EBS Volume for Maven central repository

Cheers,

After experimenting a bit with EC2, It seems it would be ideal if
there were an EBS volume that had all the Maven central repository
within it.  Does anyone know of such a thing?

thanks,
Mark

Re: Amazon EC2 EBS Volume for Maven central repository

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
the problem for a public dataset it's that AFAIK they are static while
the repo keeps changing

Posted by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com>.
FYI

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so, from the EBS web page...we can speculate...

As an example, a medium sized website database might be 100 GB in size and
> expect to average 100 I/Os per second over the course of a month. This would
> translate to $10 per month in storage costs (100 GB x $0.10/month), and
> approximately $26 per month in request costs (~2.6 million seconds/month x
> 100 I/O per second * $0.10 per million I/O).

We might seek out the Freebase folks and inquire for the what their costs
are like to provide an EBS dataset.

Mark

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Diggory <md...@gmail.com>.