Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Barnes, Gordon (ELSLON)" <Go...@eslo.co.uk> on 2003/06/17 17:59:01 UTC

Cookies, Generators and Actions

Hi,

I am currently using Cocoon 2.0.4 within WebSphere Studio Application
Developer 5.0.2.

I am trying to determine whether a cookie is present on a system from within
a generator. The cookie is being generated (this is determined by the
browser asking permission for the cookie to be used on the system) However,
when I attempt to retrieve this cookie by another web call (still in the
same session) the generator cannot find the cookie. However, should the
server be updated, then the generator can find the generated cookie.
The behaviour appeared to suggest that some amount of caching was taking
place with regard to the generator, the pipeline and the request header. I
have attempted to stop any caching within the cocoon.xconf file by

I do not experience this behaviour with actions. I can create a cookie and
then retrieve it with an action.

Can someone please explain what is happening?

Regards
Gordon J Barnes
Senior Software Developer
Elsevier Ltd