Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by solo turn <so...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/25 06:51:25 UTC

invalid ssl certificate question twice, permanent is not permanent, client version 0.33.1

if a ssl certificate is not valid any more, svn client asks twice for it.
also, if you select "permanent", it is not permanent (but this is the same with konqueror, and it
seems an openssl bug?)

$ svn up
Error validating server certificate:
 - Unknown certificate issuer
 - Certificate has expired
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
Authentication realm: ..
Password for 'root'
Authentication realm: ..
Username: repuser
Password for 'repuser':
Error validating server certificate:
 - Unknown certificate issuer
 - Certificate has expired
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
U  blabla

Re: invalid ssl certificate question twice, permanent is not permanent, client version 0.33.1

Posted by Tobias Ringstrom <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 00:51, solo turn wrote:
>

>>if a ssl certificate is not valid any more, svn client asks twice for it.
>>also, if you select "permanent", it is not permanent (but this is the same with konqueror, and it
>>seems an openssl bug?)
>>

>Tobias, is this how we designed things?  That expired server certs are
>uncacheable?

No. It should work, and it does work for me, at least between sessions.

Solo, do you still get a prompt the next time you run svn after
permanently trusting the cert?

/Tobias

Re: invalid ssl certificate question twice, permanent is not permanent, client version 0.33.1

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.