Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James Roper <u3...@alumni.anu.edu.au> on 2005/06/17 16:38:49 UTC

SVN and Samba

Hi,

I'm about to embark on a project to create a module that gives Samba an svn
backend.  I'm currently considering lots of different approaches, such as
when a file should be committed (on close/unmount/periodically), how to
handle conflicts, whether each mounted share should have its own working
directory (making it more of a transparent SCM) or whether every mounted
share would share the same working directory (making it more like an ordinary
file system with versions) etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how they would tackle these issues, or
like to seem them tackled?  Is there anyone that has a real need for
something like this, and if so, how would they expect it to behave?

Please CC any replies to me.

Regards,
James