Posted to dev@tuweni.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2019/08/26 06:28:37 UTC

[VOTE] Tuweni 0.8.2-incubating release

We're voting on the source distributions available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tuweni/0.8.2-incubating/
The release tag is present here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/releases/tag/v0.8.2-incubating

This release includes the following changes:

* Only include necessary code for testing Ethereum
* Fix provenance of SECP256K1 class
* Fix header of SECP256K1 class
* Fix stage task
* Make build reproducible
* Trace ProgPow algorithm in class explicitly

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: [VOTE] Tuweni 0.8.2-incubating release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
We depend on both eth and eth2 test repos. The first one is MIT, the latter is CC0.

I believe we indicate CC0 in the license file for eth2 and MIT for eth correctly. Please let me know if you see otherwise.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Inline.

[RESULT][VOTE] Tuweni 0.8.2-incubating release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
The vote has concluded with the following results:

5 +1 votes:
Dave Fisher
Jonny Rhea
Antoine Toulme
Furkan Kamaci
Michael Wall

0 +0 votes

0 -1 votes

The release vote has passed. Thanks all!

Antoine

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
I’ll cast my +1 as well.

Posted by Jonny Rhea <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Hi Dave,

This is a side effect of turning on reproducible builds with Gradle.
Last release, I hadn’t that turned on and was frustrated when I could not get the exact same checksum and signatures when rebuilding the release to push to Maven.

Here is the documentation reference:
https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/working_with_files.html#sec:reproducible_archives

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -