Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Vassilis Virvilis <v....@biovista.com> on 2009/03/31 08:52:33 UTC

Re: client apache cxf-2.2 jar dependencies: geronimo activation required backtrace

Hi,

On Friday 27 March 2009, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > 3) Is it somehow
> > possible to further trim the list of the dependencies especially the maven
> > modules ones since the other are documented?
> > 4) For example do I need
> > geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.5.jar (I don't use attachments)
>
> You MAY be able to get rid of javamail and activation if you don't use
> attachments or MTOM or any type of interceptors that use SAAJ (but they
> wouldn't work for you anyway since you don't have saaj in your list).   Give
> it a try and see.

I was able to get rid of javamail but activation is still required. Here is a
backtrace of what happens when I remove geronimo activation

     [java] INFO: com.biovista.acgt.client.LiteratureMiningServiceClient:<init>() com.biovista.acgt.client.LiteratureMiningServiceClient 1.2 build 20090331-0849
     [java] INFO: com.biovista.lib.Net:getProxyClient() Creating proxy client for http://srv-eu.biovista.com/ws/BEAService
     [java] Error:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
     [java] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
     [java]     at com.biovista.lib.BRunnable.run(BRunnable.java:51)
     [java]     at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
     [java]     at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
     [java]     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
     [java]     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
     [java]     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
     [java]     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
     [java]     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.basic.Base64Type.<init>(Base64Type.java:50)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.DefaultTypeMapping.fillStandardMappings(DefaultTypeMapping.java:256)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.DefaultTypeMapping.createDefaultTypeMapping(DefaultTypeMapping.java:378)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.aegis.AegisContext.initialize(AegisContext.java:143)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisDatabinding.initialize(AegisDatabinding.java:258)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.buildServiceFromClass(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:372)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.initializeServiceModel(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:431)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.create(ReflectionServiceFactoryBean.java:191)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.frontend.AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.createEndpoint(AbstractWSDLBasedEndpointFactory.java:100)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientFactoryBean.create(ClientFactoryBean.java:52)
     [java]     at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxyFactoryBean.create(ClientProxyFactoryBean.java:102)
     [java]     at com.biovista.lib.Net.getProxyClient(Net.java:176)
     [java]     at com.biovista.acgt.client.LiteratureMiningServiceClient.<init>(LiteratureMiningServiceClient.java:75)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
     [java]     at com.biovista.lib.Singleton.getInstance(Singleton.java:13)
     [java]     at com.biovista.lib.gui.Application.createMainFrame(Application.java:48)
     [java]     ... 12 more

  .bill

Re: client apache cxf-2.2 jar dependencies: geronimo activation required backtrace

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Digging into this one, I don't think removing activation is going to be
possible.   We have to put the attachment in interceptors onto the chain as a
message could come in as a multi-part even if it doesn't have attachments.
Those interceptors use the activation stuff to split things a bit.   Thus, I
would say that one will be required.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp