Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by sathakarni <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/18 12:50:55 UTC

startup error on solaris 8 box

While starting servicemix on a solaris 8 box, the following message is
displayed:
bash-2.03$ sh servicemix
servicemix: JAVA_MIN_MEM=128: is not an identifier

I have run this from <servicemix.home>\bin folder
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

RE: startup error on solaris 8 box

Posted by Soumadeep <so...@infravio.com>.
Guillaume,

We got it running at our end. Seems like you borrowed some system variables
from an alien system ;-)
Well,  JAVA_MIN_MEM and JAVA_MAX_MEM were the culprits.

So just after where you declare the variable PROGRAME=`basename $0'
Put this (it's a hack for now)
JAVA_MIN_MEM="128M"
JAVA_MAX_MEM="512M"

Secondly, there is a problem locating the sevicemix home
    if [ ! -e "$SERVICEMIX_HOME" ]; then
        die "SERVICEMIX_HOME is not valid: $SERVICEMIX_HOME"
    fi

if you are sure that you have set the <servicemix.home>/bin in the path just
remove the above lines from the servicemix script file.

Hope it helps.

Soumadeep

Could you please raise a JIRA issue for that ?
If you have any patch, please attach it ;)
I do not have any solaris box to test, so ...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

http://www.nabble.com/startup-error-on-solaris-8-box-t1642275.html#a4448188

--