Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/28 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #general - 2020-06-28

2020-06-27 12:44:31 UTC - goldenyang: @goldenyang has joined the channel
----
2020-06-27 14:29:06 UTC - VanderChen: Hi, all! I have some questions about the *dashboard.*  I have tried some ways to build a dashboard to statistic some information. But get the same results.
1. Setup with standalone as `bin/pulsar standalone --advertised-address <localhost ip>`
2. Docker Compose, and the .yml file as follows
```version: '3.3'

services:
    pulsar:
        image: apachepulsar/pulsar:latest
        command: bin/pulsar standalone
        ports:
            - 6650:6650
            - 8080:8080
        volumes:
            - ./pulsar-data:/pulsar/data
    dashboard:
        image: apachepulsar/pulsar-dashboard
        environment:
            SERVICE_URL: "<http://pulsar:8080>"
        ports:
            - 8081:80```
but both of the above ways get the same result as the Fig.1

Then I tried dashboard alone as follow
```$ SERVICE_URL=<http://broker.example.com:8080/>
$ docker run -p 80:80 \
  -e SERVICE_URL=$SERVICE_URL \
  apachepulsar/pulsar-dashboard```
but the dashboard can't read anything just like Fig.2. (I have started a standalone  pulsar).

I don't know how to fix it. And the final purpose is to test the TPS of Pulsar.
----
2020-06-27 15:03:13 UTC - Fernando: :wave: Could someone point me to settings that could affect single message latency? I’m experiencing ~100ms from the time I publish a message to the time a reader picks it up. This is for 1 message at a time.
----
2020-06-27 19:29:54 UTC - Rob Cowart: @Rob Cowart has joined the channel
----
2020-06-28 05:20:51 UTC - VanderChen: @Penghui Li @Sijie Guo Excuse me. I'm sorry that I need some help.