Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2002/03/14 03:45:58 UTC

Action Chaining

This is probably a dumb question, but...

Do I need to do anything special in order to invoke an action from another
action?

At the end of a doPerform() method I want to trigger a separate action.  Can
I just do this?:

    OtherAction oa = new OtherAction();
    oa.doPerform(data, context);

I'll probably try this anyway, but I thought I would ask just in case there
are any non-obvious consequences.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Action Chaining

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Scott Eade wrote:

> At the end of a doPerform() method I want to trigger a separate action.  Can
> I just do this?:
>
>     OtherAction oa = new OtherAction();
>     oa.doPerform(data, context);

That will work.  It's probably just better to to not have much logic in
your actions though.  I just get the parameters I need and pass them to
the objects that need them to run.  That way you can use the same logic in
any number of actions.

-Kurt