Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Meddle Smeddle <me...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 08:16:11 UTC

Load testing ajax-based application

Hi we have some problems testing our web application written in
wicket. The whole application is one page and all the functionality is
implemented with through ajax with wicket. All the load testing tools
use the GET http method to test the urls but with the  wicket ajax is
imposable to use them. Is there someone who has some success with load
testing ajax-based wicket applications

Wicket Listeners

Posted by Vit Rozkovec <wi...@rozkovec.info>.
Hallo,
I would like to achieve following functionality, how is it possible?

I have an abstract panel with upload field in it.
The panel is to be used as a form component.

In the panel there is an abstract method
processFile(FileUpload fileUpload)
which I would like to get called everytime a form gets submitted, so I
would just add the element, fill the method and done.

At first I thought that it would work by letting panel implement
IFormSubmitListener and in panel implement interface method this way:

onFormSubmitted() {
    processFile(uploadField.getFileUpload());
}

But it does not work this way.

I am using this panel in a wizard, which has already its own Form, so I
cannot override onSubmit method of this form and I do not want to alter
much code, I thought that this would be an elegant way how to do it.

Is there any other way how to do it? Or do you have some reading where
can I find beside studying the code, which is a bit difficult for me at
this time?

Thank you.

Vitek

Re: Load testing ajax-based application

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
Hi Meddle

On 9/27/07, Meddle Smeddle <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi we have some problems testing our web application written in
> wicket. The whole application is one page and all the functionality is
> implemented with through ajax with wicket. All the load testing tools
> use the GET http method to test the urls but with the  wicket ajax is
> imposable to use them. Is there someone who has some success with load
> testing ajax-based wicket applications

There is a page in the WIKI[1] about load testing using JMeter. I attached a
sample project which includes both traditional (non-ajax) and ajax load
testing. Take a look at that and see if it helps.

Frank

[1]: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+and+JMeter