Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Zachary Pinter <zp...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/23 19:29:01 UTC

Component Library Suggestions

I know a lot of people are looking to make or improve the component
library community sites for Tapestry. As a tapestry user, I would
definitely like to see more components. However, I don't think you can
get a feel for a lot of components without first trying them out and
seeing what they look like. For me, I usually don't take the time to
download something unless I see a screenshot first (exceptions being
when something sounds very interesting). If a new component site is
created, I highly recommend that it be made with
thumbnails/screenshots of the components as well as live demos. I'm
not versed in Java enough to do so, but I imagine you could create a
sort of sandbox for the components to run in so that its code wouldn't
have to be checked for exploits too thoroughly before being posted on
the site.

--
Zachary Pinter
z@absolutez.net

Re: Component Library Suggestions

Posted by Christian <ch...@bluepenguin.ch>.
Zachary Pinter wrote:

>I know a lot of people are looking to make or improve the component
>library community sites for Tapestry. As a tapestry user, I would
>definitely like to see more components. However, I don't think you can
>get a feel for a lot of components without first trying them out and
>seeing what they look like. For me, I usually don't take the time to
>download something unless I see a screenshot first (exceptions being
>when something sounds very interesting). If a new component site is
>created, I highly recommend that it be made with
>thumbnails/screenshots of the components as well as live demos. I'm
>not versed in Java enough to do so, but I imagine you could create a
>sort of sandbox for the components to run in so that its code wouldn't
>have to be checked for exploits too thoroughly before being posted on
>the site.

Well, this is perhaps a little bit off, but in that context have a look
at http://www.opensourcecms.com/.
Beeing able to play around with stuff before download & install is nice.

Re: Component Library Suggestions

Posted by Srinivasan Ranganathan <sr...@gmail.com>.
Exactly! Maybe Tassel can be enhanced to hold screenshots and sample
pages for each component?

Srini