Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/06/23 16:09:25 UTC

trying release process on rest of "build" artifacts

The release:prepare did something I didn't expect:

It made an svn tag for the release, with the structure

<name-of-tag>
  trunk
    proj1
    proj2
      etc.

>From reading the first comment in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-261 , the way the release
prepare is now designed, it looks for a "common ancestor" directory in
the set of things in the multi-module project, and uses that.  In this
case, that common ancestor is "trunk" in the svn file directory model.
But that may not be right - see bottom of note.

I see there was a previous pom.xml file in svn, here:

<name-of-tag>
  pom.xml

left over from the previous try.  I'll remove it.

Next I tried running mvn release:perform on the aggregate, but it
failed.  It did:
  checked out a "fresh" copy from the tag into
aggregate-parent-poms/target/checkout:
     .../target/checkout/trunk/aggregate-parent-poms
                               proj2
                                etc.

But then it tried to build
     .../target/checkout/aggregate-parent-poms  (i.e., without the
"trunk" dir in the path)

so of course it failed, saying it couldn't find aggregate-parent-poms...

Time to research the release plugin archives...

-Marshall