Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2016/03/30 21:06:51 UTC

[VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.1 (RC1) is available

Hi folks!

I'm happy to announce that the next release candidate of HBase 1.2.1 is
available for download at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.1RC1/

As of this vote, the relevant md5 hashes are:

e8291abd097d8eafcd52f9e2f8749c49  hbase-1.2.1-bin.tar.gz
3d66c0dd4f38fa881046fe64dd680a7a  hbase-1.2.1-src.tar.gz

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1134/

All artifacts are signed with my code signing key 0D80DB7C, available in
the project KEYS file:

http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

These artifacts correspond to commit hash

8d8a7107dc4ccbf36a92f64675dc60392f85c015

which signed tag 1.2.1RC1 currently points to:

https://s.apache.org/hbase-1.2.1RC1-tag

HBase 1.2.1 is the first maintenance release in the HBase 1.2.z line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes 27 resolved issues
since the 1.2.0 release.

Notable fixes include:

* [HBASE-15441] - Fix WAL splitting when region has moved multiple times
* [HBASE-15219] - Canary tool does not return non-zero exit code when
                  one of regions is in stuck state
* [HBASE-15325] - ResultScanner allowing partial result will miss the
                  rest of the row if the region is moved between two
                  rpc requests
* [HBASE-15378] - Scanner cannot handle heartbeat message with no
                  results

The full list of issues can be found in the CHANGES.txt file included in
the release and online at:

https://s.apache.org/hbase-1.2.1-jira-releasenotes

To see the changes since the prior release candidate, you can use the
following git command on
a up-to-date checkout of the hbase repository:

git log 1.2.1RC0..1.2.1RC1

Please take some time to verify the release[1], try out the release
candidate, and vote on releasing it:

[ ] +1 Release this package as HBase 1.2.1
[ ] +0 no opinion

Vote will be subject to Majority Approval[2] and will close at
5:00PM UTC on Wednesday, April 6th, 2016[3].

[1]: http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html
[2]: https://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#MajorityApproval
[3]: to find this in your local timezone see:

https://s.apache.org/hbase-1.2.1RC1-vote-close

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.1 (RC1) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Checked signature (I signed your key), hash, layout, docs.
Built from scratch, ran it in local mode, loaded data, checked it was
there, reviewed logs, all looks good.

St.Ack

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

- Checked sums and signatures
- Unpacked tarballs, structure looks good
- Spot checked LICENSE and NOTICE files
- Built from source with release auditing enabled, build passes (7u79)
- Ran unit test suite, some flakes observed in hbase-server [1] (7u79) . I
reran the suite ensuring the runner only executed one test at a time and
the failures were not repeatable under those conditions. Todo.
- Loaded 1M rows with LTT (read 100/10 write 1/1024/10 update 20/10), no
unexpected messages or errors, all keys verified, reported latencies within
expected ballpark

1. Test failures

Failed tests:
  TestRowProcessorEndpoint.testMultipleRows:246 expected:<3> but was:<2>

TestZKProcedure.testMultiCohortWithMemberTimeoutDuringPrepare:322->waitAndVerifyProc:346
procedure.sendGlobalBarrierReached();
Never wanted here:
-> at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.TestZKProcedure.waitAndVerifyProc(TestZKProcedure.java:346)
But invoked here:
-> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.call(Procedure.java:213)

Tests in error:
  TestAtomicOperation.teardown:106 ยป DroppedSnapshot Failed clearing memory
afte...

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.1 (RC1) is available

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Friendly reminder that this vote has ~20 hours remaining.

+1

* checked sigs and sums
* checked source against commit hash
* checked source builds binaries
* compatibility report looks good[1]. No IA.Public impacts.

[1]:

https://home.apache.org/~busbey/hbase/1.2.1-RC1/1.2.0_1.2.1RC1_compat_report.html

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
+1

- signatures passed.
- checksums passed.
- building from source passed.
- small and medium tests passed.
- tried shell commands, passed.
- ran YCSB on standalone with previous HBase 1.0.2 jars, passed.
- took snapshot, cloned snapshot, count snapshot passed.

Thanks Sean!
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.1 (RC1) is available

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.