Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bartosz Zgodzinski <ba...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2004/06/02 18:19:04 UTC

Cocoon forms problem

It's realy difiicult for me to describe my problem so please be patient.
In my sitemap I've got this:
   <map:match pattern="*.html">
    <map:aggregate element="site">
     <map:part src="documents/menu.xml"/>
     <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}.do"/>
    </map:aggregate>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/stylesheet.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="*.do">
    <map:call function="{1}">
    </map:call>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="forms/*">
    <map:generate src="forms/{1}" type="jx"/>
    <map:transform type="form"/>
    <map:transform type="i18n" label="debug">
     <map:parameter name="locale" value="en_US"/>
    </map:transform>
    <map:transform src="resources/forms-samples-styling.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

I call page form1.html so it go st thefirst <map:match> and the form1.do is
called.
The function form1 looks like that:
function form1()
{
     var form = new Form("forms/d_form1.xml");
     form.showForm("forms/t_form1.xml");
}

And now the problem. When the fields in this form are not validated,
everything is ok. But when they are and there is a validation error the form
is printed on the screen as xml. It looks like it is not aggregated with
menu.xml and not transformed   with stylesheet.xsl. Can you tell me why? I
hope it's clear what I write.

Bartosz Zgodzinski

[OT] bier, beer and bear, pls bare with me (Re: Cocoon forms problem)

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Tim Larson wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:12:46PM +0200, Marc Portier wrote:
>
>>hm, who owes who a bear in this case? Carsten?
>

> Whoa! When did we upgrade to dangerous animals?
> Let's keep this civilized :^)

grmblkrst , that wobbly speling of me
(http://blogs.cocoondev.org/mpo/archives/001506.html)

in any case I wanted to talk about 'bier' since the belgian variant
kinda gets my preference anyway :-)

regards, and thx for pointing out my glitch
-marc=

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.

RE: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Marc Portier wrote:

> hm, who owes who a bear in this case? Carsten?

ROTFL :)

Carsten

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 02.06.2004 21:53, Marc Portier wrote:
>
>> nope,
>> the validation should be nested to the datatype:
>>
>> <wd:datatype base="string">
>>   <wd:validation>
>>     <wd:length exact='4'/>
>>   </wd:validation>
>> </wd:datatype>
>

> Should it not be besides datatype:
>
> <wd:datatype base="string"/>
> <wd:validation>
>   <wd:length exact='4'/>
> </wd:validation>
>
> This has been different some time ago, but the new way works in both
> woody and forms block:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/form1.xml?annotate=1.25#55

sure looks like it, and I hope Mr. Zgodzinski reads up on the thread

'fraid I didn't check any code, but just the wiki page...
well, looks like you just convinced me to update that :-)

hm, who owes who a bear in this case? Carsten?

anyway thx and regards,
-marc=

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 02.06.2004 21:53, Marc Portier wrote:

> nope,
> the validation should be nested to the datatype:
>
> <wd:datatype base="string">
>   <wd:validation>
>     <wd:length exact='4'/>
>   </wd:validation>
> </wd:datatype>

Should it not be besides datatype:

<wd:datatype base="string"/>
<wd:validation>
   <wd:length exact='4'/>
</wd:validation>

This has been different some time ago, but the new way works in both
woody and forms block:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/form1.xml?annotate=1.25#55

Joerg

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Bartosz Zgodziński wrote:
> The problem is that, that my form.js has only few lines. One funcfion.

and the appropriate cocoon.load() statement, right?

> function form1()
> {
>  var form = new Form("forms/d_nowyTyp.xml");
>  form.showForm("nowy.html");
> print ("out");
> }

I meant the Form.js (big F) to be found at
src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript
you will need to rebuild cocoon however since that will bundle it up in
the [webapp]/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-forms.jar

as you can see it gets quite hacky, and (in geneeral) you should not
need ever to do this, just that I don't see what you are missing here

> I know tak 'out' apers every time I press submit buton (when ther is a
> validation error and there is no). I have to look in log file. Tomoraow I

odd indeed, maybe in stead of printing "out" you could be inspecting the
form's values in stead

print(form.lookupWidget("/opis").getValue()) and stuff like that

> will continue working. Today I'm going to bed. In my country it's midnight,
it's always midnight on the internet :-)
(by the way I'm based in belgium, which is probably the same timezone
(CET) as Poland?)

> and I've been working from 10 o'clock in the morning. It's enought for me.
> Thanks for your help.

you're welcome, we're missing something obvious here, things should just
work...
-marc=

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Bartosz Zgodziński <ba...@poczta.onet.pl>.
The problem is that, that my form.js has only few lines. One funcfion.
function form1()
{
 var form = new Form("forms/d_nowyTyp.xml");
 form.showForm("nowy.html");
print ("out");
}
I know tak 'out' apers every time I press submit buton (when ther is a
validation error and there is no). I have to look in log file. Tomoraow I
will continue working. Today I'm going to bed. In my country it's midnight,
and I've been working from 10 o'clock in the morning. It's enought for me.
Thanks for your help.

Bartosz Zgodziński
tel. (61) 8428-157
cell. 504-14-00-16
Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Re: Cocoon forms problem

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 18:19, Bartosz Zgodzinski wrote:
> It's realy difiicult for me to describe my problem so please be patient.
> In my sitemap I've got this:
>    <map:match pattern="*.html">
>     <map:aggregate element="site">
>      <map:part src="documents/menu.xml"/>
>      <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}.do"/>
>     </map:aggregate>
>     <map:transform src="stylesheets/stylesheet.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="*.do">
>     <map:call function="{1}">
>     </map:call>
>    </map:match>
>
>    <map:match pattern="forms/*">
>     <map:generate src="forms/{1}" type="jx"/>
>     <map:transform type="form"/>
>     <map:transform type="i18n" label="debug">
>      <map:parameter name="locale" value="en_US"/>
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:transform src="resources/forms-samples-styling.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>
> I call page form1.html so it go st thefirst <map:match> and the form1.do is
> called.
> The function form1 looks like that:
> function form1()
> {
>      var form = new Form("forms/d_form1.xml");
>      form.showForm("forms/t_form1.xml");
> }
>
> And now the problem. When the fields in this form are not validated,
> everything is ok. But when they are and there is a validation error the form
> is printed on the screen as xml. It looks like it is not aggregated with
> menu.xml and not transformed   with stylesheet.xsl. Can you tell me why? I
> hope it's clear what I write.

The argument to your showForm function points to the wrong matcher, try:
form.showForm("form1.html");