Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/24 10:31:47 UTC

Re: Using JackRabbit API have created nodes.if i want to see the nodes in woekspace.where should i see

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:49 AM, astra123 <sa...@tcs.com> wrote:
> using JackRabbit API i have created nodes in JCR wiki.
> I need to see the directory structure of the nodes.
> where should i see that structure. Im not able to findout the JCR wiki
> location.

I'm not sure I understand. Which JCR wiki are you talking about?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Using JackRabbit API have created nodes.if i want to see the nodes in woekspace.where should i see

Posted by astra123 <sa...@tcs.com>.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:58 AM, astra123 <sa...@tcs.com> wrote:
> my doubt is where these added nodes and properties are getting stored.
> Where should i go to view them.

They are stored in Jackrabbit ;-)

The actual storage location depends on the Persistence Manager
configured in the repository.xml/workspace.xml [1], by default it's
the Derby PM, which stores the data in an embedded Apache Derby
database.

Jackrabbit itself does not include a general purpose JCR viewing
application/webapp. For an overview of existing JCR browsers, see our
wiki at [2].

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks#head-b923fd013974428bd9d78e4c6adb6709e6c2a4f8

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Using JackRabbit API have created nodes.if i want to see the nodes in woekspace.where should i see

Posted by astra123 <sa...@tcs.com>.

Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:49 AM, astra123 <sa...@tcs.com>
> wrote:
>> using JackRabbit API i have created nodes in JCR wiki.
>> I need to see the directory structure of the nodes.
>> where should i see that structure. Im not able to findout the JCR wiki
>> location.
>
> I'm not sure I understand. Which JCR wiki are you talking about?
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Hi,

im following the link below link for creating nodes:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jcr/#6

i have pasted the code :

//obtaining the repository workspace and root node
            Repository r = new TransientRepository();
            Session session = r.login(new SimpleCredentials("userid",
"".toCharArray()));
            Workspace ws = session.getWorkspace();
            Node rn = session.getRootNode();

            //JCR wiki content falls under wiki
            ws.getNamespaceRegistry().registerNamespace
                         ("wiki", "http://www.barik.net/wiki/1.0");

            //adding contents
            Node encyclopedia = rn.addNode("wiki:encyclopedia");
            Node p = encyclopedia.addNode("wiki:entry");
            p.setProperty("wiki:title", new StringValue("rose"));
            p.setProperty("wiki:content", new  StringValue("A rose is a
flowering shrub."));
            p.setProperty("wiki:category",new Value[]{
                        new StringValue("flower"),
                         new StringValue("plant"),
                            new StringValue("rose")});

            Node n = encyclopedia.addNode("wiki:entry");
            n.setProperty("wiki:title", new StringValue("Shakespeare"));
            n.setProperty("wiki:content", new
                     StringValue("A famous poet who likes roses."));
            n.setProperty("wiki:category", new StringValue("poet"));

            session.save();

my doubt is where these added nodes and properties are getting stored.
Where should i go to view them.

thanks,