Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com> on 2008/03/12 17:41:30 UTC

Cache basedir attribute no longer valid in beta 2 ?

Since I began using beta 2, Ivy no longer uses the cache directory I
specified in my settings file, which looks like this:

<ivysettings>
<settings defaultResolver="internal-with-m2-fallback"
checkUpToDate="true" />
<cache basedir="c:\ivy2\cache" />
<!-- etcetera-->

Now my default cache is.ivy2/cache in users's home.   C:\ivy2\cache is
never referenced or changed.

So, I look at the documentation and apparently <cache> is no longer a
child element of <ivysettings> as of beta-2, it now goes under <caches>.
OK, no problem.   I change the settings to:

<ivysettings>
<settings defaultResolver="internal-with-m2-fallback"
checkUpToDate="true" />
<caches>
    <cache basedir="c:\ivy2\cache" />
</caches>
<!-- etcetera-->

Still does not work!

So, I decide something is wrong with basedir and I go with the new
settings.
<caches defaultCacheDir="c:\tools\ivy2\cache" />

Finally, success.   So is the documentation out of date, or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Carlton

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>
</STRONG></P></BODY></HTML>

RE: Cache basedir attribute no longer valid in beta 2 ?

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.

I see, the current documentation is correct in describing the current
behavior.  I did not realize the changes were so extensive from beta-1.

Still, let's keep up the good work.  In my organization it seems we are
close to approving Ivy+Ant for our DM solution.

Re: Cache basedir attribute no longer valid in beta 2 ?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
<Ca...@compucredit.com> wrote:

> [...]

Xavier

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/configuration/caches.html

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

RE: Cache basedir attribute no longer valid in beta 2 ?

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

RE: Cache basedir attribute no longer valid in beta 2 ?

Posted by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com>.

of <caches>.  This means there is a problem with either the

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/