Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Meggie Szczesny <me...@hotmail.com> on 2021/07/03 15:05:03 UTC

Error message when opening up a document

Hello

I wanted to email you with my problem, rather than use the forum site - as I   do not know how to use them properly, and I do not understand the answers.

When I open up a document, I often (but not always), get the message below.  Please help, as I don't know how to rectify this.

[cid:11256258-00D0-4DB7-8C13-A651D453D364]

Many thanks
Meggie

Re: Error message when opening up a document - problem now sorted !!

Posted by Theresa Greenhill <Th...@outlook.com>.
Dear Open Office staff,

I am sorry if I was rude.  I needed help and didn't know I was in the discussion section for users.  People were asking me questions and I have no idea with technical stuff..  So I am very sorry for my confusion and my reaction at that time, I was so frustrated with the problem I had.

On the good side, I have found the right instructions after much searching and am very happy everything is working well now.  OpenOffice and the replacement driver for my printer is fully sorted now, so my little fuji xerox printer is back in action, it has a small footprint and it is quite old now, but gives great results (very clear laser print).

Again, apologies for my confusion and rudeness.  It might be an idea to have a screen advising people it is a forum for users, not actual tech help.

Sincerely

Theresa Greenhill

________________________________
Le 04/07/2021 à 16:49, Robin Lord a écrit :
> Please do not be so rude, people are trying to help you
She doesn't know how a mailing list works.
In case she still has this one:

Hagar

Re: Error message when opening up a document

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robin Lord <ro...@fastmail.fm>.

On Sun, 4 Jul 2021, at 15:47, Theresa Greenhill wrote:
> My name is not Meggie, it is Theresa G.  What you said is not relevant
> to my problem.
>
> Don't worry about replying.  I am getting help elsehwere and will block
> this site because I am getting questions from people having problems
> like me, and I have no idea, I came to this site for help supposedly.
> I have not had any proper help from this company at all, only
> irrelevant replies that do not match the problem I stated.

Best Regards

Robin

Re: Error message when opening up a document

Posted by Theresa Greenhill <Th...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Web Shari <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Meggie,

Posted by Moderator <bm...@apache.org>.