Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Tse <er...@netvigator.com> on 2002/12/05 08:19:50 UTC

Oreilly Banking example - Login

Hi all,

I tried the online banking example from Oreilly (http://examples.oreilly.com/jakarta/) . And I have a question of it and hope you can help.

In struts-config.xml, it shows:
<action
    path="/login"
    type="com.oreilly.struts.banking.action.LoginAction"
    scope="request"
    name="loginForm"
    validate="true"
    input="/login.jsp">
    <forward name="Success" path="/action/getaccountinformation" redirect="true"/>
    <forward name="Failure" path="/login.jsp" redirect="true"/>
  </action>

My understanding of the example is the following, please correct me if I understand wrong.
1. http://localhost:8080/banking
2. Login.jsp loaded, a form named loginForm is displayed, action=/banking/action/login
3. org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet dispatches to "com.oreilly.struts.banking.action.LoginAction"
4. "com.oreilly.struts.banking.action.LoginAction" logins to SecurityService
5. SecurityService determines if login successful. If Yes, "com.oreilly.struts.banking.action.LoginAction" continues to execute and finally forward to /action/getaccountinformation. If No, SecurityService throws InvalidLoginException to ancestor (LoginAction), which throws Exception.

My question appears in here. Which class handles the Exception and show the correct error message? And so, where to define the error message? I saw different error message, e.g.:
1. The Access Number is required for login
2. The Pin Number is required for login
3. Invalid Access Number and/or Pin

Thanks a lot.

---