Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar <dc...@aim.com> on 2016/03/01 22:54:13 UTC

Querying on index

Cassandra: 3.3

On my test system I create a table

create table eventinput
(
    event_id varchar ,
    event_class_cd int ,
    event_ts     timestamp ,
    client_id varchar ,
    event_message  text ,
    primary key ((client_id,event_id),event_ts)
)

I created an index on client_id
create index idx1 on eventinput(client_id);

When I query
select *
from eventinput
where client_id = 'aa'
ALLOW filtering ;

I get random results. One time it is 200, another time 400 or 500 or 600 and sometimes 0.

Why ?

Re: Querying on index

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
That feels like a serious bug.  Definitely file a JIRA with as many details
as possible.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA/

RE: Querying on index

Posted by Amit Singh F <am...@ericsson.com>.
Hi Rakesh,

Default consistency level of client is set to 1,  from your query it seems you are using CQL so could you try same query by setting CONSISTENCY ALL when you enter cqlsh.

Regards
Amit Singh

Re: Querying on index

Posted by Rakesh Kumar <dc...@aim.com>.