Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/11/16 03:28:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.4.0 (candidate 2)

Hi all,
 I have created a 3.4.0 rc 2. This has ZOOKEEPER-1239 and
ZOOKEEPER-1208 that were fixed last week.

*** Please download, test and VOTE before the
*** vote closes 5pm PT on Saturday, Nov22***

http://people.apache.org/~mahadev/zookeeper-3.4.0-candidate-2/

Should we release this?

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Ted,
 I think its takes some time to push the artifacts around to all the
mirrors. The link below shows them as available:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.4.0/

Might take a while for everything to be consistent. I have been told
usually its 24 hours.

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Mahadev:

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Gary/others,

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Gary,

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahadev,

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Andrew et al,

Fwd: [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.4.0 (candidate 2)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@yahoo.com>.
Releasing soon.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ted! I'm planning to commit it to trunk soon, will make it
easier to try and and have ppl submit patches (ant/build.xml will
continue on until mvn is ready to replace it).

Patrick

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1, ran unit tests plus some manual tests with three machines.

-Flavio

On Nov 16, 2011, at 10:49 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:

> +1. Verified the sig and checksums. Checked RAT (ok with the exception
> Mahadev listed). All the tests (incl c) are passing for me. Also ran
> with quorum sizes of 3,4,7,9 testing server failure/restart and that
> all worked. Also verified against 3.3.3 version of client (both java
> and C) and that passed as well.
>
> Looks good to me!
>
> Patrick
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com
> > wrote:
>> FYI,
>>  Pat pointed this out. There are some warnings with rat which are
>> incorrect, jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1300
>> I plan to fix this for 3.4.1, leaving 3.4.0 as it is.
>>
>> thanks
>> mahadev
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com
>> > wrote:
>>> Minor update, had to change the bits since I had forgotten to fix
>>> ZOOKEEPER-1299.
>>>
>>> The bits are now uptodate. Please review and vote.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> mahadev
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
FYI,

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.