Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com> on 2004/11/24 18:54:51 UTC

maven site:deploy --> download link empty ...

Hi,
    When deploying the generated site, the download section stays
desperately
empty or more exactly keep displaying the boring "This project has not
released any version yet."
message ...
Is this related to the tag 'versions' in project.xml? What if it's the
first version ...
Should I put in 'versions' what's in the 'currentVersion' tag???

Any ideas?

--mike

Re: Updating Download link with deployed distribution files [SOLVED]

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.
I solved my problem which was to insert the distribution files
.zip and .tar.gz in the download page.
Adding the following in the project properties made the trick:

    maven.xdoc.distributionType=zip

However, I can not say why it suddenly turned to work because I've been
trying
this for ages and it's only lately that I could see the download page
fulfilled
as excepted. Must have done something somehow ;-)

Still, I don't know how to specify that there might be several formats
to download
such zip and tar.gz

Thanx anyway,

--mike

Re: maven site:deploy --> download link empty ... [more]

Posted by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com>.
Ok it works but now: How can I modify the generated download
webpage so that it does not link to jar files but rather to the zip and
gz files I created through the maven dist goal?

--mike