Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by la...@fantasymail.de on 2010/02/17 09:29:28 UTC

table markers bug

In w3.org there is a definition for "table markers" (see section 6.13.1.1.2 Table Markers @ http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xsl11-20060220/)

When I try do translate my xml + xsl file with apache fop containing a <fo:marker> tag within the <fo:table-body> before the <fo:table-row> (just like the w3 sample), apache fop returns the following error:

ERROR:  '"{http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format}table-row" is not a valid child of "fo:marker"! (No context info available)

I don't understand why this error occurs!? Is there a bug?
I tried the latest svn revision 910845 from 17.02.2010.
Is there any bug fix? It is really importend for me to get this to work asap!

If there is no fix at the moment and there is someone willing to fix the bug, I'm going to donate the project. Please help!

Thank you very much in advance,
Lars
--
NEU: Mit GMX DSL über 1000,- ¿ sparen!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: table markers bug

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Lars,

You should post using-Fop related questions on the Fop-user list, please.

The XSL-FO REC 1.1 says that fo:marker content is
"(#PCDATA|%inline;|%block;)*" (see [1]).
Therefore, as said in log, your fo:marker contains at least 1
fo:table-row, while it should not. Can you check that?
If this not the case, can you provide a short XSL-FO that reproduce this
issue?

Note that the link you provided points to a Release Candidate of the
REC. The current REC url is "http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl"

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#fo_marker

Pascal

Re: table markers bug

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Lars,

AW: table markers bug

Posted by Georg Datterl <gd...@geneon.de>.
Hi Lars,

Table markers are not yet supported. Maybe we can find a solution to your problem not involving them?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl