Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/05/15 09:31:54 UTC

[ANN] Is the Sky Falling and the End Near for Open Source?

I found this interesting article. It also has a reference to Cocoon. So
this is why I sent it to the list. ;)

http://linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2003051401726OSBZSW

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [ANN] Is the Sky Falling and the End Near for Open Source?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
J.Pietschmann dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> I found this interesting article.
>
> Any relaton to this article?
>   http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/05/satan.html
> (which does *not* mention Cocoon)
That means Steve Ballmer will have a Red Hat on the head?

lol

Antonio

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Robert Koberg wrote:

>Hi,

I guess point of the article was not exactly about "embrace" part but
about "extend". How OpenOffice or, for this matter, Word2000/97/95 will
open DRM-enabled docs from Word11? And how Word2000 will run these
embedded controls going into backend database?

PS I have not seen Word11 so I might be talking nonsense

Vadim

RE: [ANN] Is the Sky Falling and the End Near for Open Source?

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

Best,
-Rob