Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Dan Silivestru <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 20:14:26 UTC

Ripple Infra update

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm following the process correctly here. I just wanted to see
if we can get an update from our mentors and sponsor on the state of the
Ripple Infra setup. Took a quick look at our project page and I think we
should update it with what's been done so far... unless that's done at
reporting time?

We are working though our internal legal process and are almost ready to
submit the Software Grant as well as the Marks. Once that's done, we can
contribute the code to the repository.

I'm going to start emailing this list with regards to some features that
we're planning on working on to start the conversation, should I wait on
that until all of infra is set up and the code has been contributed?

Again, sorry if I'm not following the proper process here, still learning
;-)

--
Dan Silivestru
+1 (519) 589-3624

Re: Ripple Infra update

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would I need to submit one even if I am already a contributor for Cordova
> and I have one signed for that?

No, you don't need to do anything then.

If you are listed here:
people.apache.org/committer-index.html
you are fine. As a committer you are always listed there. ICLAs are a
one-time show

CHeers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Ripple Infra update

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ripple Infra update

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
It's always nice to see Ross hanging around :)

Re: Ripple Infra update

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Sent from my tablet

Re: Ripple Infra update

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> > Thats cool.
> >
> > Have you guys all submitted your ICLA?
> >

> Gord has a signed ICLA (from his involvement with Cordova), so do Fil,
> Michael, and Mark. Brent and I do not have a signed ICLA yet. We will sign
> and submit them first thing next week. We're also working on getting added
> to RIMs CCLA which has been submitted to Apache in the past. I'm assuming
> that would be needed as well, correct?

Yes that is right.

Cheers
Christian

Re: Ripple Infra update

Posted by Dan Silivestru <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Dan,
>
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Dan Silivestru <dan.silivestru@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Not sure if I'm following the process correctly here. I just wanted to
> see
> > if we can get an update from our mentors and sponsor on the state of the
> > Ripple Infra setup. Took a quick look at our project page and I think we
> > should update it with what's been done so far... unless that's done at
> > reporting time?
> >

> You are right, we need to update the status page whenever we have a change.
> Here is the issue which ahs been created for initial creation:
>
> Unfortunately I can't see all the necessary sub tasks which are usually
> opened. I know more has happened. Maybe the other mentors can comment.
>

> > We are working though our internal legal process and are almost ready to
> > submit the Software Grant as well as the Marks. Once that's done, we can
> > contribute the code to the repository.
> >

> Thats cool.
>
> Have you guys all submitted your ICLA?

Gord has a signed ICLA (from his involvement with Cordova), so do Fil,
Michael, and Mark. Brent and I do not have a signed ICLA yet. We will sign
and submit them first thing next week. We're also working on getting added
to RIMs CCLA which has been submitted to Apache in the past. I'm assuming
that would be needed as well, correct?

> You can see what has been received here:
> people.apache.org/committer-index.html
>
> Usually you should pop up in the "unlisted CLA" section on the end. If all
> of you have submitted it, we can create the shell account swhich lets you
> finally access our systems.
>

> > I'm going to start emailing this list with regards to some features that
> > we're planning on working on to start the conversation, should I wait on
> > that until all of infra is set up and the code has been contributed?
> >

> No, I think its pretty fine to use this list for every development related
> from now on. There is no requirement to wait.
>

> > Again, sorry if I'm not following the proper process here, still learning
> > ;-)
> >

> Thats why you are in the incubator and your helpful mentors should be there
> for your questions :-)
> Feel free to ask. For us mentors everything is so "normal" we might miss
> something to explain.

Thanks again for your help :-)

> That said, submitting your ICLA would be necessary now:
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> Cheers
> Christian

Cheers,