Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/21 21:56:10 UTC

ant task that uses httpclient to post files?

Hi,
I  have been searching in vain for this thus far.  Anyone aware of a ant task that uses httpclient to post files?

Thanks.

Phillip Rhodeshttp://www.jsso.org Open source Java Identity and Authorization Serviceshttp://www.rhoderunner.com Open Source Java Ecommerce Suite

Re: ant task that uses httpclient to post files?

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
You can try Canoo WebTest. It will do what you want (but might be overkill
for you depending on what you are trying to do):

    http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/

You would achieve what you want with the following three ant tasks:

    <steps>
        <invoke url="setFileFieldExample.jsp"/> <!-- or asp or php -->
        <setFileField fileName="myFile.csv" name="myFileFieldName"/>
        <clickButton name="myButton"/>
    </steps>

WebTest -uses-> HtmlUnit -uses-> HttpClient

The latest version is using httpclient 3.0 final.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.