Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org> on 2017/01/20 19:36:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.2.0 RC2

Hi,

the UIMA-DUCC 2.2.0 release candidate 2 is ready for voting.

Issues fixed since RC1:
- Fixed agent shutdown issues
- Improved cgroups detection and cleanup
- Refactored agent to fetch cpu,rss,swap and faults from cgroups
- Added documentation for several new commands introduced since the last
release
- Fixed SM to handle restarting instances and not ignore the init-failure
limit.
- Fixed machine sizes in the Viz

The list of changes in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0-Ducc%20AND%20project%20%3D%20UIMA

The source and binary zip/tars are staged to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/2.2.0/RC2/

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1117

The SVN tags are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-ducc/tags/uima-ducc-2.2.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to
test release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks
- Jerry Cwiklik

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.2.0 RC2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Got an unusual miscompare between the -source-release.zip and the svn tag:

Both of these have the issuesFixed generated directory, but

  1) The svnTag version of this is missing the content from the css/ and images/
directory (the directories are there, but no files).

  2) The jira-report.html appears to be generated at quite different dates:
    -- the svn version: generated on January 4th
    -- the source-release version: generated on January 20th

My guess is that the issuesFixed generated directory was accidentally partially
committed to SVN (except for the css an image file data, a while ago.  Probably
the fix is to delete these from svn trunk.

If that's the cause of this, I don't think this is a blocker.
If something else is going on that indicates some kind of failure in the build
process, that might be a blocker...

Also, for the record, I don't think the 1-Jira-issue-not-closed reported
yesterday is a blocker either.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.2.0 RC2

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The test class MessagesTest seems to want to test if internationalization is
working, but doesn't seem to do anything except print out the same message keys
4 times.  (Not a blocker).

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 2.2.0 RC2

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
The fix for this *is* in RC2. Just forgot to close this before announcing
rc2. The jira is closed now.

-jerry

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
I contend that MessagesTest and the corresponding internationalization that
I started during DUCC's gestation period years ago should be removed or
uniformly employed, most especially in the UI.  This is otherwise invisible
to the enduser and administrator.  Not a blocker, and non-trivial to
remove.

If there is no objection, I will open a Jira to remove this a future
release as it adds no value in its present state.

Lou.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.